Last Updated: August 21, 2015
Annual maintenance work began this past week on nearly 5.7 miles of your Mokena streets. Due to the volume involved, this work will take roughly 8-10 weeks to complete.
The program contains five steps (outlined below), and is set up like an assembly line.
- Sawcutting of the curbs and sidewalks on your street: Make the cuts in the curbs and sidewalks where the old concrete will be removed and replaced.
- Removal and replacement of the curbs and sidewalks: The old concrete is removed and new concrete is poured in its place.
- Grinding of asphalt: 2" of the old asphalt is taken off the top of the street through a grinding process.
- Pavement patching: Any spots in the street that need extra attention are patched.
- A final new layer of asphalt is placed.
Once the first step is started and/or completed on your roadway, it could be a week or longer before the next step gets started. While you may experience some inconvenience during construction, resurfaced streets are a positive outcome once completed, representing a great investment in your assets.
Below is a list of the streets that are part of this year's program, as well as a map. Check back weekly for updates on what work is being done in which areas. Please contact us at (708) 479-3900 with any questions or concerns you may have about the program. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!
Pinegrove and Forestview subdivisions
- Arbor Lane
- Balsam Court
- Burke Court
- Everett Lane (from LaPorte to Forestview)
- Forestview Court
- Forestview Drive
- Lakeview Way
- Newton Way
- Pinegrove Drive
- Sorenson Court
Manchester Cove (Highland) subdivision
- Crescent Drive
- Heaton Court
- Lowery Court
- Puritan Drive
- Thornham Lane
Country Pond Estates subdivision
- Coach Drive
- Country Pond Drive
- Saddle Lane
- Sage Brush Lane
- 114th Avenue (from 187th to south end)
- Eagle Trace Court
- Jenyglenn Drive
- Summer Gate Court
- Swan Drive
Owens Road (from Lincoln Highway to EJ&E railroad tracks)
Bryant Road (from Wolf to Midland)
Map of Projected Road Work