Last Updated: August 15, 2016
Annual maintenance work is now underway on nearly 5 miles of Mokena streets.
Mokena's street maintenance program contains five steps (outlined below), and is set up like an assembly line.
- Sawcutting of curbs and sidewalks.
- Removal and replacement of curbs and sidewalks. Old concrete is removed and new concrete is poured in its place.
- Grinding of asphalt. 2" of old asphalt is taken off the top of the street through a grinding process.
- Pavement patching. Any spots in the street that need extra attention are patched with asphalt.
- A final new layer of asphalt is placed.
Once the first step is started and/or completed on your street, it could be a week or longer before the next step gets started. While you may experience some inconveniences during construction, resurfaced streets are a positive outcome once completed, and represent a lasting investment in our community's assets.
Below is a list of the streets that are part of this year's program, as well as a map. Check back weekly for updates on what work is being done in which areas. Feel free to contact us at (708) 479-3900 with any questions or concerns you may have about the program. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!
* Camden Court
* Dickens Drive
* London Lane
* Dilber Bay
* Jacob Drive (from London Lane to Chestnut Court)
* Quail Drive
* Kestrel Avenue
* Dove Avenue
* 188th Place
* 197th Street (116th Avenue to Victorian Drive)
* Westminster Drive
* Kensington Drive
* Buckingham Drive
* Wembley Drive
* Victorian Drive (Townline Road to 195th Street)
* Greenview Avenue
* Roberts Road
* Union Avenue
* Revere Road (Wolf Road to Midland Avenue)
Hickory Creek Drive
189th Street (Hickory Creek Drive to Jodi Road)
Old LaGrange Road
Map of Projected Road Work
Week of August 15-19, 2016
** For your safety and the protection of your vehicles, please adhere to the "NO PARKING" signage posted in areas where new asphalt is being laid. Please do not park on the street on paving days. Thank you. **
- Site restoration at various locations.