Your Annual Street Maintenance Program
Work began on July 28, 2014, on nearly 7 miles of your Mokena streets. Due to the volume of the work involved in this project, this work should take roughly 6-8 weeks to complete. The program contains five steps (outlined below), and is set up like an assembly line.
1. Sawcutting of the curb on your street: Make the cuts in the curbs where the old concrete will be removed and replaced.
2. Removal and replacement of the curb: The old concrete is removed and new concrete is poured in its place.
3. Grinding of asphalt: 1.5" of the old asphalt is taken off the top of the street through a grinding process.
4. Pavement patching: Any spots in the street that need extra attention are patched.
5. A final new layer of asphalt is placed.
Once the first step is started and/or completed on your roadway, it could be a week or longer before the next step gets started. While you may experience some inconvenience during construction, resurfaced streets are a positive outcome once completed, representing a great investment in your assets.
Below is a list of the streets that are part of this year's program, as well as a map. Check back weekly for updates on what work is being done in which areas. Please contact us at (708) 479-3900 with any questions or concerns you may have about the program. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!
Week of September 29-October 3, 2014
~Laying final layer of new asphalt in Hamilton Crossing
***For your safety and the protection of your vehicles, please adhere to the "NO PARKING" signage posted in areas where new asphalt is being laid. Please do not park on the street on paving days. Thank you.***
Emerald Estates Subdivision
Kevin Ln. (from 195th St. to North end)
Scarth Ln. (from Willow Ln. to Leetrim Ct.)
Fiona Ave. (from Willow Ln. to North end)
Swanberg Ln. (from Willow Ln. to O'Connell Ln.)
104th Ave. (from 195th St. to North end)
Emerald Estates/Weber's Green Meadows
Fiona Ave. (from Willow Ln. to South end)
Tara Hills (North of 195th Street)
Willow Ln. (from Cherry St. to Catalpa Rd., and from 88th Ave. to Waterford Ln.)
Midland Ave. (from 191st St. to First St.)
Hickory Stick Ln.
St. Mary's Ln.
Third St. (from Wolf Rd. to Schoolhouse Rd.)
Map of Projected Road Work
Updated August 29, 2014.